Changing Lives, One Body at Time!
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 lb. grassfed lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. smoked chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. water
- 300g (10oz) cauliflower (grated)
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1/2 cup black olives (diced) or 1/2 cup black beans (optional)
- 1 cup lettuce (shredded)
- lime wedges
1. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil (cooking oil of your choice). Throw in the diced onion and garlic, then cook for a few minutes and add ground beef. Continue cooking meat until there is no pink, then add cumin, coriander, smoked chipotle powder, and water. Stir contents and continue cooking until meat is completely browned, then set aside.
2. Use a grater or food processor to grate cauliflower.
3. Place cauliflower in microwave safe bowl and cover loosely; microwave for about four minutes on high. Let cauliflower cool and place in towel, then squeeze to remove all excess water.
4. Throw cauliflower into a bowl with the rest of ingredients for the tortilla shells; mix until well combined.
5. Melt cooking fat (coconut oil, olive oil, etc.) in a small skillet, then drop in 1/2 cup of cauliflower mixture and spread the paste-like substance to all edges of the skillet with spatula.
6. Cook for two to three minutes, or until the top looks set and the under side has a nice golden color. Flip tortilla and continue cooking the opposite side for about one minute, then transfer to a plate and cook the remaining three tortillas.
7. Chop and prep all topping ingredients and set on a plate.
8. Place everything on the table and build your tacos! (Don’t forget the lime wedges!)
Calories: 393 Dietary Fiber: 8g
Total Fat: 18.7g Sugars: 4g
Sodium: 742mg Protein: 33g
Total Carbohydrates: 19.7g