Changing Lives, One Body at Time!
- 1/4 lb. lean ground beef or veal
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 medium onions (cut into thin wedges)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 10-14oz can beef gravy
- 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt (or low-sugar Greek yogurt)
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme or sage (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice or noodles
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh parsley
1. In a large skillet cook meat, mushrooms, onions, and garlic until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender, then drain off fat.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together beef gravy, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, thyme or sage, and pepper. Stir into mixture and heat through.
3. Serve meat mixture over whole grain brown rice or noodle of choice, then sprinkle with parsley.
Preparation: 20 min.
Cooking: 5 min.
Calories: 343/serving Protein: 26g
Carbohydrates: 37g Total Fat: 10g
Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 152mg
-Low fat & Low cholesterol